Small Business Standards and the European Digital SME Alliance will jointly host the “SBS ICT Forum 2019: SMEs, Standards and the EU Cybersecurity Act” on October 23 in Brussels, Belgium. The event aims to clear up confusion surrounding the new law and formulate proposals to help businesses benefit from it.
The Cybersecurity Act is a comprehensive framework that introduces a new certification scheme for ICT products and services in order to boost cyber resilience in the European Union. The SBS ICT Forum will work to explain the purpose of the Cybersecurity Act to European small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and provide a forum where SMEs can ask questions and voice their concerns.
The event will feature speakers from the European Commission, the European cybersecurity agency ENISA and ECSO, the European Cyber Security Organization. ESCO is the contractual public-private partnership that represents industry stakeholders in cybersecurity.
The SBS ICT Forum will answer the following questions: How can standardization in cybersecurity benefit smaller businesses in the ICT sector? How will the new cybersecurity framework benefit the ICT industry and what are the pitfalls that need to be avoided?
Register for the event here and check out the agenda below.
16.00 – 16.15 Welcome coffee and registration
16.15 – 16.30 OPENING REMARKS: Setting the scene – Cybersecurity and Standards: Impact for European ICT SMEs
- Sebastiano Toffaletti, Secretary-General DIGITAL SME, ECSO board member and Chair of WG4
- Aristotelis Tzafalias, Policy Officer, Cybersecurity and Digital Privacy, DG CNECT, European Commission
16.30 – 17.30 IMPULSE STATEMENTS: Standardisation and Cybersecurity – An insiders’ perspective
- George Sharkov, SBS expert at ETSI TC CYBER, Director of ESI CEE (European Software Institute, Centre Eastern Europe), Head of the Cyber Security Lab @ Sofia Tech Park
- Fabio Guasconi, Expert SBS at ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC27 WG1, Chairman of the SBS/DIGITAL SME Working Group on Cybersecurity
- Prokopios Drogkaris, NIS Expert, ENISA
- Iñaki Eguia, CTO RKL Integral VES solution visionary, architect. ICS Pentester and IEC 62443 expert
17:30 – 17.45 Coffee Break
17.45 – 18.30 PANEL DISCUSSION: How can we shape the cybersecurity ecosystem to ensure SMEs benefit/take full advantage?
- Aristotelis Tzafalias, Policy Officer Cybersecurity and Digital Privacy, DG CNECT
- Mark Miller, Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors, European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO), Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors, European Organisation for Security (EOS), Member of the Cybersecurity Public-Private Partnership Board of Directors
- Nina Hasratyan, Policy Manageer at European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO), Women4Cyber
Moderator: Annika Linck, WG Cyber Secretariat, DIGITAL SME Project Manager
18.30 – 18.45 Q&A
18.45 – 19:00 CLOSING REMARKS by SBS and DIGITAL SME
19.00 – 20.00 Networking Reception